MODEC as a Corporate Citizen
We have engaged in the following community contributions, scholarship program and other charity events.
Asia & Pacific
- Donation for supporting the relief efforts following the earthquake and tsunami (2011 - Japan)
- Participation in the Blood Drive for the Singapore Red Cross Society (2009 - Singapore)
- Contribution to build and cultivate a garden of the Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital that will be used as part of the hospital's physiotherapy program (2009 - Singapore)
- Contribution to charitable activities and donation to orphanage center and home for the elderly (2009 - Vietnam)
- Donation to rebuild high school damaged in Sichuan Earthquake (2008 - China)
- Donation of electronic safety signboard to Geoje City, home to Samsung Heavy Industries from BHP Shenzi TLP project team (2007 - South Korea)
- Donation to Ho Chi Minh City and Vung Tau City for supporting the relief efforts following the Typhoon Durian (2006 - Vietnam)
- Donation to Don Bosco Technical Training Center for supporting the occupational training of young apprentices (2005 - East Timor)
- Donation to Thai government for supporting the relief efforts following the earthquake and tsunami (2005 - Thailand)
- Donation to Indonesian government for supporting the relief efforts following the earthquake and tsunami (2005 - Indonesia)
- Donation to Metta Welfare Association through a Safety Charity Awards program during the construction phase of the Santos Mutineer-Exeter project (2004 - Singapore)
- Donation to local charities through a Safety Charity Awards program during the construction phase of the Esso Chad project (2002-2003 - Singapore)
In August 2009, volunteers of MODEC Singapore office staffs went to the Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital to build and cultivate a garden that will be used as part of the hospital's physiotherapy program. MODEC's contribution to the hospital also included the purchases of flowers, carpet grass and water features for the garden.
In June 2008, MODEC donated US $100,000 to rebuild a high school in Bao Xing county, Ya'an City Sichuan Province, China. With a population of approximately 30,000 people, Bao Xing county is one of the 21 most heavily affected counties in '512' Sichuan Earthquake that struck China in May 2008.
- Co-sponsoring and providing safety lectures and presentations to local schools in Ingleside, Texas (2007/2008 - USA)
- Participation in the Houston MS-150 to raise money for Multiple Sclerosis (Each year - USA)
- Participation in the Susan B. Koman Race for the Cure to raise money for Breast Cancer education, screening and treatment (2007 - USA)
- Co-sponsoring "D-Lab" Program where 10 undergrads learnt about delivering technology to developing nations (2003 - USA)
- Sponsoring the scholarships for two 7th grade students to attend the Duke University Talent Identification Program (TIP) (Each year - USA)
- Sponsoring the scholarships for a 11th grade student to attend the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) "MITE2S" Program (2003 - USA)
Employees from MODEC and SOFEC rode bicycles from Houston to Austin (approximately 183 miles) to raise money for Multiple Sclerosis, a disease that may affect 2.5 million people worldwide.
- Donation of medicines and other items to help the flood affected people of Villahermosa in the state of Tabasco (2007 - Mexico)
- Sponsoring The Projeto Dias + Felizes (Happy Days Project) to donate toys and food to the children for Christmas (2005 - Brazil)
- Sponsoring COR, Centro de Orientacao e Reabilitacao (Orientation and Rehabilitation Center) to purchase new equipments and to hire teachers (2005 - Brazil)
- Sponsoring a Golf Tournament to raise money to donate an ambulance to the Red Cross (2002 - Mexico)
- Sponsoring a Golf Tournament to raise money for San Pedro Pescador, a home for children to provide a computer and reading room for the children (2001 - Mexico)
MODEC donated medicines and other items to help the flood affected people of Villahermosa in the state of Tabasco, Mexico.
- Sponsoring an Atlantic sea turtle release program for supporting the environmental protection during the installation phase of the Esso Chad project (2003 - Cameroon)
- MODEC Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
- MODEC as a Corporate Citizen