Floating Production Solutions
Conversion FLNG Concept
Since executing its first FPSO vessel conversion in 1985, MODEC has executed a large variety of conversion of oil tankers into FPSOs and FSOs. Built up strong working relationships with the world’s major shipyards and fabricators, many of our converted vessels, such as the FPSO Kakap Natuna that started operation in 1986 offshore Indonesia, have been in service all over the globe.
EPC(I) Track Record (as of November 2017)
23 Conversion / 4 New Build
5 Conversion / 5 New Build
Extensive benchmarking data, knowledge and lessons learned that MODEC has been gaining by conversion projects of FPSOs and FSOs for offshore oil production, are applicable to the Conversion FLNG Concept.
- A wide range of design options are available for the Conversion FLNG Concept:
- LNG containment systems: Moss, Type B or Type C LNG Tanks
- Donor vessels: Bulk currier, Oil tanker or LNG carrier
- Availability of existing bulk carriers
- Cost effectiveness
- Early Delivery
ABS grants AiP for the MODEC Conversion FLNG Concept
American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) has given MODEC Approval in Principle (AiP) for the MODEC Conversion FLNG Concept.
- Candidate Vessel; Double hull bulk carrier (200,000 to 300,000DWT)
- Multiple Cargo Holds for LNG Storage (SPB tanks)
- In addition some Cargo Holds can be dedicated to Condensate and/or LPG Storage
- Wing Tanks are to be Slop tank and Pipe trunk
- New Deck Plate and Longitudinals will be provided at Hatch openings and Cross Deck
- MODEC LiBro® pre-cooling technology adopted
Specification of the MODEC Conversion FLNG Concept
|Liquefaction Technology||Air Products® AP-N LNG Process + MODEC LiBro®|
|LNG Production Capacity||
|Refrigerant Compressor Driver||Gas Turbine (PGT25+G4)||
|LNG Storage Capacity||
|LNG Offloading||Side-by-Side or Tandem|
|Condensate Storage Capacity||20,000 m3|
|Condensate Offloading||Tandem with Conventional Floating Hose String(s)|
|Hull Size||300mL x 50mW|
* LiBro is a trademark of MODEC, Inc.