Policy and Strategic Objectives
An HSEQ Policy and Management System are established which sets the HSEQ expectations with clearly defined performance objectives identified to enable the company to achieve the requirements of the policy.
Processes are in place to meet the following requirements:
- Executive management endorses the HSEQ Policy and seeks assurance of compliance by systematic and regular review of health, safety, environmental and quality performance.
- Managers are accountable for the implementation and communication of HSEQ Policy requirements and meeting HSEQ performance standards required.
- Executive management establishes and documents measurable HSEQ objectives, targets, and performance indicators.
- HSEQ Plans (and programs) include designated responsibilities, resources, and time frames to achieve goals and targets.
- Risks and legal requirements are considered when establishing HSEQ objectives, targets, and performance indicators.
- HSEQ Performance measurements are used to refine plans, objectives, targets, and performance indicators to improve.
- HSEQ initiatives and positive outcomes are recognized and rewarded.
- Managers report progress against HSEQ objectives, targets, and performance indicators to executive management, at least quarterly.